A little while ago I experienced the honor of being nominated for the “Inspiring Blogger Award” by “belowtheradar002“. I’m am so so grateful to even be considered amongst the list of great bloggers mentioned. I can not express enough gratitude to Amanda and Katie for brightening my week! Thanks girls!
The Official Rules of Acceptance are as follows:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things about me:
1. I’m only 4’11”, (AND 3/4 for your information!), and I’m 100% done growing. This used to get to me since all my friends are basically model height. I think I’m coming to terms with being the tiny one in my group. 😉
2. I’m half Chinese. I don’t look like it, but I love the fact that I have it mixed into me. I grew up with the culture around me, yummy food included!
3. I have two birds. One is a parrotlet, whom I’ve had since I was 14. Her name is Lulu and she loves to spend every second on my shoulder, day and night. She’s a feisty one and she hates males… all my guy friends are terrified of her. She has shown some amazing talents, and as corny as it sounds, has helped me get through this journey of mine. I recall one particular night where I was sad and curled up in bed with tears streaming down my face. I heard a rattling around in Lulu’s cage and was amazed when I felt her fly towards me. She had managed to open her cage, swing the door open using her body weight, and fly to my bed where she waddled up to me and snuggled against my neck. I’m not sure if she sensed my sadness or if she just wanted to play. I like to think the first option went through her little birdy brain. 😉 This is what parrotlets look like, just to convey to you guys how cute they are…
My second bird, Tiki, is a sun conure. She is a recent addition to my family. I “adopted” her off of craigslist a few months ago with my Christmas money. I don’t think her previous owners took the best care of her, as she is still a bit finicky and scared of everything. Since I’ve owned her, she has quit plucking her feathers out in distress, and is starting to allow me to remove her from her cage. She’s currently a baby, but when she’s grown her adult plumage, she’ll look like this:
My friends call me the “bird lady”…
4. I don’t know if this falls under the “interesting” category, but my favorite movie of all time is the original “Grease”. I remember one summer where I watched it at least 5 times a day. When I was younger, I had a huuuuuuuuuge crush on John Travolta because of this movie.
5. I love art, especially painting. I’m currently working on a portfolio to send in at the end of the year to gain an AP Art credit. It is definitely something that I am passionate about and wish to improve on throughout my life. One day, I hope to sell my artwork on the side of my profession.
6. I’m an animal lover and I know for a fact I would be 100 percent content if I were to become some sort of exotic zoo keeper. (Though I know I would never due to my allergies.) I have spent hours upon hours researching all the different species and watching youtube videos regarding their behavior. Might as well delve deeper into my love of animals while I’m at it… My favorite animal, by far, is the Asian Elephant. Elephants are beautiful, majestic, and so incredibly intelligent. Whenever I visit the zoo, I stare in amazement at these creatures. They possess several human-like emotions, which just blows me away. I also really like Belugas. Mostly because they always look like they’re smiling. And that makes me happy. On a different note, I’m TERRIFIED of the ocean. I can only go ankle-deep, and if I feel like something brushed against me, I freak out. I think this stems from my countless hours of innocent research on the deep seas. Too many freaky beings out there for my liking…
7. As of recently, I’ve had this crazy obsession with making lists. Lists of things I love, things I hate, my favorite this, and my favorite that, etc.. This new hobby of mine was inspired by a friend of mine who does something similar. I now have a good half of my notebook filled with random, mostly pointless lists. But somehow it makes me feel accomplished and happy. I actually used this post to make more lists in my notebook ha! Sometimes an addictive personality can be fun!
Anyway, enough about myself. Now for the people that this post is really for. The bloggers who continue to inspire me each and everyday no matter what battle or struggle they face. These bloggers provide me with creative ideas, motivating words, and helpful advice. Each and every one of them deserves this award fully. I can’t thank every. single. one of you enough for creating your blogs for people like me to read, and for…well…for existing!
2. Bored Sick
7. Ok, So Far
9. The Pillower
I have some things to tell you all so I will blog again tomorrow!
Thanks for the love and support. I truly appreciate you all.